Breaking news: we’re hiring!
At One Lucky Guitar, our point person in client relationships is the Account Manager. This team member leads with great ideas and service, and is able to collaborate, strategize and act quickly with both our clients and our internal team. OLG believes that loud bands sound good — and so we are likewise an environment of spirited collaboration, healthy debate and shared victories. We find inspiration in being part of one team, which includes our clients and OLG accounts and production.
The Account Manager is expected to be detail-oriented and pro-active, and will be counted on to make decisions and follow through. We don’t do “sales,” but, a comfort level in networking is a must. As well, the Account Manager is expected to maintain a commitment to research and growth.
Here’s the thing. The One Lucky Guitar environment is one of intense activity. We enjoy a true love for the work we do, and are committed to its quality. We’re a relatively lean, incredibly hungry team that’s active in the community and has a strong culture of working hard and making a difference — and having some fun times along the way. Every month, we feel that there’s a pretty good chance we’ll look back in twenty years and say, “That’s when we were at our best.”
- Foster collaboration, nurture teamwork and promote communication and healthy relationships with clients, strategic partners and coworkers.
- Research and craft the project brief; collaborate on the creative brief and touchpoint map.
- Collaborate on strategy, and help write comprehensive marketing plans.
- Comfort leading pitches, presentations and workshops.
- Vision, preparation and detail management on projects large and small.
- Responsible for estimating and invoicing.
- Growth of business—with existing clients, and new prospects.
- Help bring new ideas on big picture—workflow, deadlines, accuracy.
- Writing skills a plus—and proofreading is expected of all team members.
- Spread the word—PR, social media, forward-thinking technologies and ideas.
- Be a partner and friend to clients and our own team. Don’t take orders for projects, but be a leader with new, problem-solving ideas that strengthen client and OLG brands.
- Commitment to OLG policies & procedures, including time entry (agh!), asset protection and file management.
- Always work to be better at job: books, seminars, best practices, networking and groups are all valuable explorations.
- Sometimes, we work a few extra hours a week. It tends to be enjoyable.
- Confidence, confidence, confidence.
On top of that:
- This position requires experience. We’d like at least five years of it, preferably at a marketing firm.
- DiSC and MBTI assessments welcomed (along with an open mind to such tools).
- Good, adventurous taste in music is encouraged.
Submit cover letter and resumé—and/or any questions—to Matt Kelley: [email protected] Please, no phone calls or pop-ins.